Case Study: Virtual Tax Preparation
Beneficent used ClientTable to upgrade their tax preparation to be entirely virtual - unlocking significant benefits for their team and clients.
ClientTable’s platform is free for eligible organizations hosting their own volunteer tax clinic, and you can get in touch with our team here.
Beneficent’s Tax Clinic
Beneficent hosts an annual tax clinic for low-income community members, through CRA’s volunteer tax program. The tax clinic was normally held in a community centre but was cancelled last year due to COVID.
This year, using ClientTable’s platform, Beneficent implemented an entirely virtual tax preparation process for clients. Community members could sign-up on Beneficent’s website and have their taxes easily prepared through the secure file sharing portal created by ClientTable.
Virtual Tax Preparation Benefits
Many tax preparation services use insecure email exchanges or have inconvenient pick-up and drop-off requirements.
Beneficent’s process and document exchange was done entirely through the portal created by ClientTable. Clients simply uploaded their documents to Beneficent’s branded, secure portal and their volunteers would prepare the returns which were then electronically filed.
Benefits of a portal
- Look professional - Beneficent was able to establish a professional look with their logo prominent to their clients. This builds trust in the organization and service.
- Save time - Beneficent was able to add and coordinate their volunteers from a central location. Volunteers could easily access documents they needed
- Convenience and security - The event sold out! Clients found the process very simple & were comfortable knowing that security was looked after.
- Compliance - Beneficent could more easily manage and later destroy sensitive information from a central location
- Beneficent created their portal using ClientTable (only a few minutes to set up)
- Volunteers (staff users) were invited to create accounts
- Clients booked appointments via an online scheduling page (using Calendly) and created an account on the portal
- Clients uploaded their tax documents, and later had a Zoom call with their assigned volunteer
- Volunteers reviewed the documents and prepared the return for their assigned clients
- A draft return was uploaded for the client to review and sign. After receiving the signature the volunteer completed the E-FILE
- Sensitive documents were destroyed when no longer needed. They were not stored in volunteer’s inboxes
By using ClientTable's portal, we were able to streamline our process, improve efficiency, security, and save time while serving our clients in a professional manner. We are proud to be at the forefront of providing this secure service to our most vulnerable community members and are thrilled to see the success of the clinic.
- Habiba Mubashsher, Project Manager at Beneficent
At ClientTable, we’re building technology to make it easier to connect with and serve clients virtually. We believe that technology should help humanity win, not lose. We’re thankful for the opportunity to have our software be used to help our community.
ClientTable is helping accountants provide efficient services to their clients with a secure and time-saving client portal. Interested in learning more about how ClientTable can help your business? Book a demo or sign up today and discover the benefits you’ll gain with a secure client portal.